Jason A. Ganfer is an associate in the Real Estate Transactions and Cooperative and Condominium Housing practice groups at Ganfer & Shore. He focuses on residential and commercial real estate matters, including sales, purchases, and the preparation of offering plans. Additionally, he has extensive experience with title insurance coverage and claims resolution.
Prior to joining Ganfer & Shore, Mr. Ganfer handled complex title insurance coverage disputes as counsel at a national title insurance company. He has handled claims seeking indemnification for potential losses aggregating more than $100,000,000 as well as claims arising out of transactions in foreign countries.
Mr. Ganfer has been recognized as a “New York Super Lawyer Rising Star.”
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 2005)
- Columbia College (A.B., 2002)
- Represented developers in the acquisition and financing of blocks of cooperative and condominium units.
- Represented purchasers and sellers of cooperative and condominium units and of private homes.
- Represented cooperatives in transfers of units into trusts.
- Represented title insurance companies in coverage disputes with their insureds.
- Represented insured lenders through title companies where their insured lien is sought to be extinguished by parties alleging mortgage fraud.
- Represented insured owners through title companies in order to establish the validity of their fee title.
- New York (2006)
- Member, New York State Bar Association.
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
Mr. Ganfer has lectured at the AABANY fall conference on mortgage and real estate fraud.