Matthew D. Healey is a senior associate in the Real Estate Transactions and Cooperative and Condominium Law practice groups at Ganfer & Shore. He has extensive experience in a broad range of commercial and residential real estate matters with an emphasis on acquisitions, sales, leasing, and financings.
Mr. Healey is experienced in representing the boards of cooperative corporations and condominium associations with general corporate governance, including the preparation and negotiation of architect and contractor agreements, matters relating to shareholder disputes, and mortgage financings.
Prior to joining Ganfer & Shore, Mr. Healey was associated with New York firms specializing in real estate financing and cooperative, condominium, and other real estate transfers and related transactions.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 1991)
- Le Moyne College (B.A., 1984)
- Represented a large privately held national corporation in the acquisition and financing of a multi-parcel regional warehouse and office facility.
- Represented developers in the acquisition and financing of blocks of cooperative apartments and blocks of condominium units, including transfers of individual units.
- Represented building owner in the negotiation and creation of a prominent Manhattan multi-dealer retail center.
- Represented regional real estate investor in refinancing a significant real estate portfolio.
- Represented purchasers and sellers of cooperative and condominium units and private homes, including notable eastern Long Island luxury properties.
- Represented long term co-owners of West Village, Manhattan property converted to a residential condominium.
- Prepared and negotiated agreements relating to the sale of development rights.
- New York (1992)
- Connecticut (1991)
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York; former Chair of its Committee on Young Lawyers.
- Member, New York State Bar Association.