Mr. Jaskola is a senior associate in the Commercial Litigation, Cooperative and Condominium Housing, and Real Estate Litigation practice groups at Ganfer & Shore.
He has extensive experience in representing private and public companies, as well as partnerships and individuals, as plaintiffs and defendants, in court and arbitral forums, in complex commercial matters, with an emphasis on real estate and construction disputes, commercial landlord-tenant disputes and cooperative and condominium litigation. Mr. Jaskola is experienced in all phases of litigation in both state and federal courts as well as arbitrations and mediations before the American Arbitration Association and JAMS.
- Fordham School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- Hofstra University (B.A., 1990)
- Continued representation of iconic comic-book writer and editor in intellectual property matters in New York and California.
- Represented claimant in JAMS arbitration on behalf of prospective purchaser of commercial property against seller of property seeking return of down payment and associated damages.
- Represented existing residential building owner against neighboring property owner seeking access for scaffolding and other encroaching activities.
- Brought holdover proceeding on behalf of landlord against commercial tenant where, following a full bench trial, a warrant of eviction was issued and landlord recovered attorneys’ fees.
- Defended company in a class action alleging violation of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act.
- New York (1997)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (1998)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York (1997)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit (1998)
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
Mr. Jaskola has lectured on the role of landlord-tenant litigation in cooperative and condominium practice.