Mr. McCracken is a partner in the Commercial Litigation, Cooperative and Condominium Housing, Real Estate Litigation, and Securities and Mediation/Arbitration practice groups at Ganfer & Shore.
His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including contract, business divorce, and real estate disputes. Mr. McCracken has represented clients in all phases of litigation in both state and federal courts, including appeals.
Prior to joining Ganfer & Shore, Mr. McCracken was associated with international law firms specializing in commercial litigation, securities litigation, and complex international civil and criminal disputes.
Mr. McCracken has been recognized three times as a “New York Super Lawyer Rising Star.”
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 2000), Editor, Environmental Law Journal (1999-2000) Sive, Paget & Riesel Award for Outstanding Editor (2000)
- Baylor University (B.A., 1997) with honors
- Represented coops and condos in litigations involving terminations for objectionable conduct, disputes with the City of New York, and shareholder rights.
- Negotiated, drafted, and enforced settlements of complex commercial disputes.
- Represented parties in a variety of partnership disputes and dissolutions.
- Represented plaintiffs in complex multi-jurisdictional litigation involving oppression of minority shareholders.
- Represented public companies in defense of securities fraud claims of former investors.
- Represented real estate developers in foreclosure proceedings and arbitrations.
- Represented employers and employees in breach of non-compete, raiding cases, and forfeiture-for- competition cases.
- Represented community group in successfully securing landmarks designation before the Landmarks Preservation Commission.
- Represented condominiums and property owners in disputes with nightclubs.
- New York (2001)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York (2003)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (2003)
- Member, New York State Bar Association.
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
- Member, Professional and Judicial Ethics Committee, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, 2012 to present.