Ganfer & Shore is well known for its sophisticated real estate litigation practice group. We aggressively represent developers, real estate owners, investors, sponsors, and cooperatives and condominiums in prosecuting and defending against virtually every type of real estate dispute.
Our real estate litigation has addressed areas such as:
- Real estate partnership disputes
- Shareholder and board disputes
- Roof, terrace, and chimney disputes
- Access and licensing agreements
- Ownership disputes
- Construction and design defects
- Title and easement disputes
- Condominium and cooperative disputes
- Sponsor and commercial tenant disputes
- “Yellowstone” injunctions
- Commercial rent payment disputes
- Managing agent disputes
- Party wall disputes
- Adverse possession
- Regulatory issues
We also represent parties in mortgage foreclosure claims and housing discrimination disputes.
Ganfer & Shore has been approved by the major title insurance carriers in New York State to handle title insurance litigation representing both the companies and their insured in a broad range of matters. Our practice in this area is performed by both our litigators and our transactional real estate attorneys, including an attorney who was formerly an assistant major claims counsel at a prominent title insurer. In addition, one of our real estate partners has regularly been on panels presenting on title issues for continuing legal education and has experience as an independent member of the board of a title insurance company.