Ganfer & Shore handles a wide range of real estate matters, both commercial and residential. Our Real Estate group represents closely-held and public corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and other entities involved in real estate ownership and development, as well as sophisticated individuals and families, providing services in connection with the following types of matters:
- Representation of sellers, purchasers, and lenders in commercial real estate transactions
- Representation of developers in all aspects of their projects, including filing of offering plans and no action applications with the New York State Attorney General’s Office in the development and conversion of properties, including cooperative or condominium ownership
- Representation of existing condominium and cooperatives and their boards
- Representation of investors and lenders in sophisticated condominiums and cooperative investments, including commercial condominiums and packages of unsold apartments
- Representation of tenant groups involved in the conversion process
- Representation of individuals purchasing and selling cooperatives, condominiums, townhouses, and other residences
- Commercial leases
- Operating agreements and other entity formation documentation
- Financing transactions
Ganfer & Shore represents construction contractors, engineers, architects, designers, brokers, and managing agents. Our attorneys are well-versed in preparing and reviewing contracts for such professionals.
In addition, our real estate attorneys structure, negotiate, and document all types of financial transactions, including secured and unsecured loans, equipment leases, commercial and consumer credit transactions, and workouts for both lenders and borrowers. We represent developers, cooperative apartment corporations, condominium associations, and individuals in complex real estate transactions, but we are also able to efficiently address more straightforward transactions.
Our real estate partners are all well respected for their depth of knowledge and keen business acumen. One of our partners served as Chair of the Real Property Section of the New York State Bar Association.